Ø  You can also create additional data pools and map directories to them, but
this probably isn't what you need (yet).

Is there a link to a web page where you can read how to map a directory to a
pool?  (I googled ceph map directory to pool ... and got this post)

From: ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com
[mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Ten Clay
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:15 PM
To: Sage Weil
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] CephFS Pool Specification?

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM, Sage Weil
<s...@inktank.com<mailto:s...@inktank.com>> wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, Aaron Ten Clay wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to specify which pool the mds and CephFS data will be
> stored in?
>
> After creating a new cluster, the pools "data", "metadata", and "rbd" all
> exist but with pg count too small to be useful. The documentation indicates
> the pg count can be set only at pool creation time,
This is no longer true. Can you tell us where you read it so we can fix
the documentation?

 ceph osd pool set data pg_num 1234
 ceph osd pool set data pgp_num 1234

Repeat for metadata and/or rbd with an appropriate pg count.

Thanks! Maybe I just misinterpreted the documentation. The page

http://ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/placement-groups/
implies (to me, anyway) that the number of placement groups can't be changed
once a pool is created. Under the "Set Pool Values" heading, pg_num isn't
listed as an option.

> so I am working under the assumption I must create a new pool with a
> larger pg count and use that for CephFS and the mds storage.
You can also create additional data pools and map directories to them, but
this probably isn't what you need (yet).

sage

-Aaron