Hi guys,

I won’t do a RAID 1 with SSDs since they both write the same data.
Thus, they are more likely to “almost” die at the same time.

What I will try to do instead is to use both disk in JBOD mode or (degraded
RAID0).
Then I will create a tiny root partition for the OS.

Then I’ll still have something like /dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2 and then I can take
advantage of the 2 disks independently.
The good thing with that is that you can balance your journals across both SSDs.
From a performance perspective this is really good.
The bad thing as always is that if you loose a SSD you loose all the journals
attached to it.

Cheers.

––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood.”

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72
Mail: sebastien....@enovance.com
Address : 10, rue de la Victoire - 75009 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance