Hi,

we have a lot of pools which contain rbd volumes containing VM images.

I want to know which volume causes most traffic. It's easy to determine which
pool causes traffic, for example:

# ceph osd pool stats
[...]
pool abaswebtest id 56
  client io 3372 kB/s rd, 10557 kB/s wr, 1303 op/s

How to dig further? As far as I know, the knowledge of which objects map to a
specific rbd volume is hidden somewhere inside rbd. Is there a way to
summarize per-volume I/O for a given pool?

TIA

Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus <>< · k...@gocept.com · systems administration
gocept gmbh & co. kg · Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Germany