On 05/09/14 10:05, Dan van der Ster wrote:

That's good to know. I would plan similarly for the wear out. But I want to
also prepare for catastrophic failures -- in the past we've had SSDs just
disappear like a device unplug. Those were older OCZ's though...

Yes - the Intel dc style drives seem to be way more reliable than consumer drives (especially - ahem - older OCZ's). We have been using Intel 710 and now S3700 models and - so far - no failures at power off/on or firmware glitches (keeps fingers crossed after writing the above...tempting the hardware failure gods).

Cheers

Mark