Hi all,

I have a small cluster together and it's running fairly well (3 nodes, 21
osds).  I'm looking to improve the write performance a bit though, which I
was hoping that using SSDs for journals would do.  But, I was wondering
what people had as recommendations for SSDs to act as journal drives.  If I
read the docs on ceph.com correctly, I'll need 2 ssds per node (with 7
drives in each node, I think the recommendation was 1ssd per 4-5 drives?)
so I'm looking for drives that will work well without breaking the bank for
where I work (I'll probably have to purchase them myself and donate, so my
budget is somewhat small).  Any suggestions?  I'd prefer one that can
finish its write in a power outage case, the only one I know of off hand is
the intel dcs3700 I think, but at $300 it's WAY above my affordability
range.