I had to go through the same experience of changing the public network address and it's not easy. Ceph seems to keep a record of what ip address is associated to what OSD and a port number for the process. I was never able to find out where this record is kept or how to change it manually. Here's what I did, from memory :

1. Remove the network address I didn't want to use anymore from the ceph.conf and put the one I wanted to use instead. Don't worry, modifying the ceph.conf will not affect a currently running cluster unless you issue a command to it, like adding an OSD. 2. Remove each OSD one by one and then reinitialize them right after. You will lose the data that's on the OSD, but if your cluster is replicated properly and do this operation one OSD at a time, you should not lose the copies of that data. 3. Check the OSD status to make sure they use the proper IP. The command "ceph osd dump" will tell you if your OSDs are detected on the proper IP.
4. Remove and reinstall each monitor one by one.

If anybody else has another solution I'd be curious to hear it, but this is how I managed to do it, by basically reinstalling each component one by one.