On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Garg, Pankaj
<pankaj.g...@caviumnetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have ceph cluster that is contained within a rack (1 Monitor and 5 OSD
> nodes). I kept the same public and private address for configuration.
>
> I do have 2 NICS and 2 valid IP addresses (one internal only and one
> external) for each machine.
>

> Is it possible now, to change the Public Network address, after the cluster
> is up and running?
>
> I had used Ceph-deploy for the cluster. If I change the address of the
> public network in Ceph.conf, do I need to propagate to all the machines in
> the cluster or just the Monitor Node is enough?

You'll need to change the config on each node and then restart it so
that the OSDs will bind to the new location. The OSDs will let you do
this on a rolling basis, but the networks will need to be routable to
each other.

Note that changing the addresses on the monitors (I can't tell if you
want to do that) is much more difficult; it's probably easiest to
remove one at a time from the cluster and then recreate it with its
new IP. (There are docs on how to do this.)
-Greg