From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of Marek
Dohojda
Sent: 24 November 2015 16:27
To: Alan Johnson <al...@supermicro.com>
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Performance question

7 total servers, 20 GIG pipe between servers, both reads and writes.  The
network itself has plenty of pipe left, it is averaging 40Mbits/s

Rados Bench SAS 30 writes

 Total time run:         30.591927

Total writes made:      386

Write size:             4194304

Bandwidth (MB/sec):     50.471

Stddev Bandwidth:       48.1052

Max bandwidth (MB/sec): 160

Min bandwidth (MB/sec): 0

Average Latency:        1.25908

Stddev Latency:         2.62018

Max latency:            21.2809

Min latency:            0.029227

Rados Bench SSD writes

 Total time run:         20.425192

Total writes made:      1405

Write size:             4194304

Bandwidth (MB/sec):     275.150

Stddev Bandwidth:       122.565

Max bandwidth (MB/sec): 576

Min bandwidth (MB/sec): 0

Average Latency:        0.231803

Stddev Latency:         0.190978

Max latency:            0.981022

Min latency:            0.0265421

As you can see SSD is better but not as much as I would expect SSD to be.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Alan Johnson <al...@supermicro.com