I've been running some tests with jewel, and wanted to enable jemalloc.
I noticed that the new jewel release now loads properly
/etc/default/ceph and has an option to use jemalloc.

I've installed jemalloc, enabled the LD_PRELOAD option, however doing
some tests it seems that it's still using tcmalloc: I still see the
"tcmalloc::CentralFreeList::FetchFromSpans()" and it's accompanying
lines in perf top.

Also from a lsof I can see the tcmalloc libraries being used, but not
the jemalloc ones...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using the standard binaries
from the repo 10.2.1 and ubuntu trusty with kernel 3.13.0-52-generic.

thanks,