>>Is it true for Xenial too or only for Trusty? I don't want to rebuild Jewel on
>>xenial hosts...

yes, for xenial (and debian wheezy/jessie too).

I don't don't why they are LD_PRELOAD commented in /etc/default/ceph,
because it's really don't do nothing, if tcmalloc is present.

you could try to remove tcmalloc packages (libgoogle-perftools4),

but I think that ceph packages have dependencies on it ....