On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Ishmael Tsoaela <ishmae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Ceph and most of the concepts are new.
>
> image mounted on nodeA, FS is XFS
>
> sudo mkfs.xfs  /dev/rbd/data/data_01
>
> sudo mount /dev/rbd/data/data_01 /mnt
>
> cluster_master@nodeB:~$ mount|grep rbd
> /dev/rbd0 on /mnt type xfs (rw)

XFS is not a network filesystem. It can not be mounted on more than
one system at any given
time without corrupting it, even if one mountpoint does no writes, teh
log will still be replayed
during the mount and that should be enough for at least one system to
detect the filesystem
is corrupted.

Cheers,
Brad

> Basically I need a way to write on nodeA, mount the same image on nodeB and
> be able to write on either of the nodes, Data should be repilcated to both
> but I see on the logs for both osd, data is only stored on one.
>

> I am busy looking at CEPHFS
>

> thanks for the assistance.
>

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 1:09 AM, Christian Balzer <ch...@gol.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:00:42 +0200 Ishmael Tsoaela wrote:
>>
>> > Hi ALL,
>> >
>> > Anyone can help with this issue would be much appreciated.
>> >
>> Your subject line has nothing to do with your "problem".
>>
>> You're alluding to OSD replication problems, obviously assuming that one
>> client would write to OSD A and the other client reading from OSD B.
>> Which is not how Ceph works, but again, that's not your problem.
>>
>> > I have created an  image on one client and mounted it on both 2 client I
>> > have setup.
>> >
>> Details missing, but it's pretty obvious that you created a plain FS like
>> Ext4 on that image.
>>
>> > When I write data on one client, I cannot access the data on another
>> > client, what could be causing this issue?
>> >
>> This has cropped up here frequently, you're confusing replicated BLOCK
>> storage like RBD or DRBD with shared file systems like NFS of CephFS.
>>
>> EXT4 and other normal FS can't do that and you just corrupted your FS on
>> that image.
>>
>> So either use CephFS or run OCFS2/GFS2 on your shared image and clients.
>>
>> Christian
>> --
>> Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer
>> ch...@gol.com           Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
>> http://www.gol.com/

Cheers,
Brad