On 15/06/16 13:18, Christian Balzer wrote:

     "osd_scrub_min_interval": "86400",
     "osd_scrub_max_interval": "604800",
     "osd_scrub_interval_randomize_ratio": "0.5",
Latest Hammer and afterwards can randomize things (spreading the load out),
but if you want things to happen within a certain time frame this might
not be helpful.

We are on Hammer (0.94.7) and have osd_scrub_interval_randomize_ratio set - it does not appear to be helping much. E.g here are our deep scrub dates aggregated by day for one region:

Day        num  total size
------------------------------
2016-07-19  511 5357167224372
2016-07-20 2129 9325996976904
2016-07-21   81   10544023951
2016-07-22    9    5754126355
2016-07-25   21             0
2016-07-26    1            13
2016-07-27   19             0
2016-08-01   52             0
2016-08-05    1             0
2016-08-08    6             0
2016-08-10  230  711935323538
2016-08-11 1211 5190285214797
2016-08-12 1543 1900998763365
2016-08-13   20   41687250384
2016-08-14   26   61185603382
2016-08-15  647 1963297626685
2016-08-16 2133 8354221242053
Totals     8640 32824222245266

We have the deep scrub interval set to 4 weeks but only 17 days are used for deep scrubbing, and clearly the workload is quite uneven due to the distribution. I am attacking these two issues with a pre-emptive deep scrubbing script that we will run nightly.

It would be cool to have a command or api to alter/set the last deep scrub timestamp - as it seems to me that the only way to change the distribution of deep scrubs is to perform deep scrubs...

regards

Mark