On 19/08/16 17:33, Christian Balzer wrote:

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 15:39:13 +1200 Mark Kirkwood wrote:

It would be cool to have a command or api to alter/set the last deep
scrub timestamp - as it seems to me that the only way to change the
distribution of deep scrubs is to perform deep scrubs...

Yes, and if I didn't mention it in the original thread (I usually do when
it comes to this topic), that's what I do.
As in, no randomization (I hatez it), fixed window, kick off deep scrubs
once at the opportune time on a weekend night.
And if it fits in that time window, that's need, no need for further cron
jobs.

Righty, well I'm testing a python rados api script that works out how many (bytes worth of) pgs it should deep scrub each night to move the distribution to be (eventually) uniform and also spread 'em to use all the days in deep scrub interval... will post here after satisfying myself that it is getting the maths right!

Cheers

Mark

P.s: Sage, if you are reading this...a command to alter deep scrub dates for pgs would be real cool :-)