Thank you David very much and thank you for the correction.

From: "David Disseldorp" <>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 5:24 PM
To: "Maged Mokhtar" <>
Cc: <>; "Oliver Dzombic" <>; "Mike Christie" <>
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] new Open Source Ceph based iSCSI SAN project

Hi Maged,

Thanks for the announcement - good luck with the project!
One comment...

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:37:29 +0200, Maged Mokhtar wrote:

if you are refering to clustering reservations through VAAI. We are using
upstream code from SUSE Enterprise Storage which adds clustered support for
VAAI (compare and write, write same) in the kernel as well as in ceph
(implemented as atomic  osd operations). We have tested VMware HA and
vMotion and they work fine. We have a guide you can download on this use

Just so there's no ambiguity here, the vast majority of the clustered
compare-and-write and write-same implementation was done by Mike
Christie from Red Hat.

Cheers, David