You wrote P3700 so that’s what I discussed ;)

If you want to connect to your HBA you’ll want a SATA device like the S3710
series:

http://ark.intel.com/products/family/83425/Data-Center-SSDs#@Server

The P3700 is a PCI device, goes into an empty slot, and is not speed-limited by
the SATA interface.  At perhaps higher cost.

With 7.2 I would think you’d be fine, driver-wise.  Either should be detected
and work out of the box.

— Anthony