From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of
Aravind Ramesh
Sent: 07 December 2016 11:07
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: [ceph-users] RBD: Failed to map rbd device with data pool enabled.

Hi,

I am seeing this failure when I try to map a rbd device with -data-pool set to
a EC Pool. This is a newly merged feature, I am not
sure if it is expected to work yet or I need to do something more.

Same issue is seen while mapping a rbd image from replicated pool but after
disabling the new features, I was able to map it and
create a filesystem on it, but rbd devices created with the option -data-pool
<ec pool), I am not able to disable the features also.

=============================

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$ ./bin/rbd create rbdimg_EC1 --size
1024 --pool rep_pool --data-pool aravecpool32

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$ rbd ls

rbdimg_EC1

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$ sudo rbd map rbdimg_EC1

rbd: sysfs write failed

rbd: map failed: (6) No such device or address

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/ec-rbd/master/ceph/build$ rbd feature disable rbdimg_EC1
exclusive-lock deep-flatten fast-diff object-map

2016-12-07 16:19:42.710095 7f6594ff9700 -1 librbd::image::RefreshRequest: Image
uses unsupported features: 128

2016-12-07 16:19:42.710185 7f6587fff700 -1 librbd::image::OpenRequest: failed
to refresh image: (38) Function not implemented

2016-12-07 16:19:42.785027 7f6587fff700 -1 librbd::ImageState: failed to open
image: (38) Function not implemented

rbd: error opening image rbdimg_EC1: (38) Function not implemented

ems@rack9-ems-5:~/

==================================

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or
e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any
and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or
electronically stored copies).