On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Boris Mattijssen
<b.mattijs...@nerdalize.com> wrote:
> Hi Brukhard,
>
> Thanks for your answer. I've tried two things now:
> * ceph auth get-or-create client.boris mon 'allow r' mds 'allow r path=/,
> allow rw path=/boris' osd 'allow rw pool=cephfs_data'. This is according to
> your suggestion. I am however now still able to mount the root path and read
> all containing subdirectories.
> * ceph auth get-or-create client.boris mon 'allow r' mds 'allow rw
> path=/boris' osd 'allow rw pool=cephfs_data'. So now I disallowed reading
> the root at all. I am however now not able to mount the fs (even when using
> the -r /boris) flag.

The second one is correct, but some older clients (notably the kernel
client before it was fixed in 4.x recently) don't work properly with
it -- the older client code always tries to read the root inode, so
fails to mount if it can't access it.

John