On 03/23/2017 06:10 PM, nokia ceph wrote:
Hello Piotr,

I didn't understand, could you please elaborate about this procedure as
mentioned in the last update.  It would be really helpful if you share any
useful link/doc to understand what you actually meant. Yea correct, normally
we do this procedure but it takes more time. But here my intention is to how
to find out the rpm which caused the change. I think we are in opposite
direction.

Here's described how to build Ceph from source ("Build Ceph" paragraph): http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/build-ceph/ And here's how to install the built binaries: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-storage-cluster/#installing-a-build That's enough to build and install Ceph binaries on a specific host without building RPMs. After doing a code change, "make install" is enough to update binaries, restart of Ceph daemons is still required.

--
Piotr Dałek
piotr.da...@corp.ovh.com