If I'm reading your cluster diagram correctly, I'm seeing a 1gbps
interconnect, presumably cat6. Due to the additional latency of performing
metadata operations, I could see cephfs performing at those speeds. Are you
using jumbo frames? Also are you routing?

If you're routing, the router will introduce additional latency that an l2
network wouldn't experience.