On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:35 AM, Ken Dreyer <kdre...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yeh...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> TL;DR: Does anyone care if we remove support for fastcgi in rgw?
>
> Please remove it as soon as possible. The old libfcgi project's code
> is a security liability. When upstream died, there was a severe lack
> of coordination around distributing patches to fix CVE-2012-6687. I
> expect a similar level of chaos if another CVE surfaces in this
> library. There are also unanswered questions about libfcgi's continued
> use of poll vs select, see
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libfcgi/+bug/933417/comments/5
> .

Didn't see any compelling reason to keep it. It seems to me that the
SSL issue that Roger was pointing at could be solved either through a
different apache config, or something that we could fix (and might
have already fixed) in civetweb. As a first go I think we should still
keep the code around but not build it for Luminous.

Yehuda