On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:05 AM Stuart Harland <
s.harl...@livelinktechnology.net> wrote:

> Could you elaborate about what constitutes deleting the PG in this
> instance, is a simple `rm` of the directories with the PG number in current
> sufficient? or does it need some poking of anything else?

No, you need to look at how to use the ceph-objectstore tool. Just removing
the directories will leave associated metadata behind in leveldb/rocksdb.

> It is conceivable that there is a fault with the disks, they are known to
> be ‘faulty’ in the general sense that they suffer a cliff-edge Perf issue,
> however I’m somewhat confused about why this would suddenly happen in the
> way it has been detected.

Yeah, not sure. It might just be that the restarting is newly exposing old
issues, but I don't see how. I gather from skimming that ticket that it was
a disk state bug earlier on that was going undetected until Jewel, which is
why I was wondering about the upgrades.
-Greg