发件人: Deepak Naidu [mailto:dna...@nvidia.com]
发送时间: 2017年7月18日 6:59
收件人: Blair Bethwaite; 许雪寒
抄送: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
主题: RE: [ceph-users] How's cephfs going?

Based on my experience, it's really stable and yes is production ready. Most of
the use case for cephFS depends on what your trying to achieve. Few feedbacks.

1) Kernel client is nice/stable and can achieve higher bandwidth if you have
40G or higher network.
2) ceph-fuse is very slow, as the writes are cached on your client RAM,
regardless of direct IO.
3) Look out for blue store for long term. It stands true for CEPH not in
particular to ceph FS only.
4) If you want per folder based namespace(in lack of words) you need to ensure
your running latest kernel or backport the fixes to your running kernel.
5) Higher IO blocks will provide faster throughput. It would not be great of
smaller IO blocks.
6) Use SSD for ceph FS Metadata pool(it really helps), this is based on my
experience, folks can debate. I guess ebay has some writeup where they didn’t
see any advantage on using SSD.
7) Lookup below experimental features
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/experimental-features/?highlight=experimental

--