You mentioned the Kernel client works but the Fuse mount would be a better
test in relation to the Ganesha FSAL.

The following config didn't give me the error you describe in 1) but I'm
mounting on the client with NFSv4, not sure about 2), is that dm-nfs?

EXPORT
{
    Export_ID = 1;
    Path = "/";
    Pseudo = "/";
    Access_Type = RW;
    Squash = No_Root_Squash;
    SecType = "none";
    Protocols = "3", "4";
    Transports = "TCP";

    FSAL {
        Name = CEPH;
    }
}

Ganesha version 2.5.0.1 from the nfs-ganesha repo hosted on
download.ceph.com
CentOS 7.3 server and client