This is the fifth release candidate for Luminous, the next long term
stable release. We’ve had to do this release as there was a bug in
the previous RC, which affected upgrades to Luminous.[1]

Please note that this is still a *release candidate* and
not the final release, we're expecting the final Luminous release in
a week's time, meanwhile, testing and feedback is very much welcom.

Ceph Luminous (v12.2.0) will be the foundation for the next long-term
stable release series. There have been major changes since Kraken
(v11.2.z) and Jewel (v10.2.z), and the upgrade process is non-trivial.
Please read these release notes carefully. Full details and changelog at
http://ceph.com/releases/v12-1-4-luminous-rc-released/

Notable Changes from 12.1.3
---------------------------
* core: Wip 20985 divergent handling luminous (issue#20985, pr#17001, Greg Farnum) * qa/tasks/thrashosds-health.yaml: ignore MON_DOWN (issue#20910, pr#17003, Sage Weil) * crush, mon: fix weight set vs crush device classes (issue#20939, Sage Weil)

Getting Ceph
* Git at git://github.com/ceph/ceph.git
* Tarball at http://download.ceph.com/tarballs/ceph-12.1.4.tar.gz
* For packages, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/get-packages/ * For ceph-deploy, see http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/install-ceph-deploy
* Release sha1: a5f84b37668fc8e03165aaf5cbb380c78e4deba4

[1]: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/20985

Best Regards
Abhishek