On 30.08.2017 15:32, Steve Taylor wrote:
I'm not familiar with dd_rescue, but I've just been reading about it. I'm not seeing any features that would be beneficial in this scenario that aren't also available in dd. What specific features give it "really a far better chance of restoring a copy of your disk" than dd? I'm always interested in learning about new recovery tools.

i see i wrote dd_rescue from old habit, but the package one should use on debian is gddrescue or also called gnu ddrecue.

this page have some details on the differences on dd vs the ddrescue variants.
http://www.toad.com/gnu/sysadmin/index.html#ddrescue

kind regards
Ronny Aasen

*Steve Taylor* | Senior Software Engineer |***StorageCraft Technology Corporation* <https://storagecraft.com>
380 Data Drive Suite 300 | Draper | Utah | 84020
*Office:* 801.871.2799 |

If you are not the intended recipient of this message or received it erroneously, please notify the sender and delete it, together with any attachments, and be advised that any dissemination or copying of this message is prohibited.