On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Willem Jan Withagen <w...@digiware.nl> wrote:
> On 10-10-2017 13:51, Alfredo Deza wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Christian Balzer <ch...@gol.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> (pet peeve alert)

> Right, that means we need a ceph-volume zfs before things get shot down.
> Fortunately there is little history to carry over.
>
> But then still somebody needs to do the work. ;-|
> Haven't looked at ceph-volume, but I'll put it on the agenda.

An interesting take on zfs (and anything else we didn't set up from
the get-go) is that we envisioned developers might
want to craft plugins for ceph-volume and expand its capabilities,
without placing the burden of coming up
with new device technology to support.

The other nice aspect of this is that a plugin would get to re-use all
the tooling in place in ceph-volume. The plugin architecture
exists but it isn't fully developed/documented yet.