Thanks for the information.

I did:
# ceph daemon mds.ceph-0 scrub_path / repair recursive

Saw in the logs it finished

# ceph daemon mds.ceph-0 flush journal

Saw in the logs it finished

#ceph mds fail 0
#ceph mds repaired 0

And it went back to missing stray7 again.  I added that back like we did earlier and the system is back on line again, but the metadata errors still exist.

Dan