On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Andras Pataki
<apat...@flatironinstitute.org> wrote:
> Dear Cephers,
>
> We've upgraded the back end of our cluster from Jewel (10.2.10) to Luminous
> (12.2.2).  The upgrade went smoothly for the most part, except we seem to be
> hitting an issue with cephfs.  After about a day or two of use, the MDS
> start complaining about clients failing to respond to cache pressure:

What's the OS, kernel version and fuse version on the hosts where the
clients are running?

There have been some issues with ceph-fuse losing the ability to
properly invalidate cached items when certain updated OS packages were
installed.

Specifically, ceph-fuse checks the kernel version against 3.18.0 to
decide which invalidation method to use, and if your OS has backported
new behaviour to a low-version-numbered kernel, that can confuse it.

John