On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:36 PM, Andras Pataki
<apat...@flatironinstitute.org> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> All our hosts are CentOS 7 hosts, the majority are 7.4 with kernel
> 3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64, with fuse 2.9.2-8.el7.  We have some hosts that
> have slight variations in kernel versions, the oldest one are a handful of
> CentOS 7.3 hosts with kernel 3.10.0-514.21.1.el7.x86_64 and fuse
> 2.9.2-7.el7.  I know Redhat has been backporting lots of stuff so perhaps
> these kernels fall into the category you are describing?

Quite possibly -- this issue was originally noticed on RHEL, so maybe
the relevant bits made it back to CentOS recently.

However, it looks like the fixes for that issue[1,2] are already in
12.2.2, so maybe this is something completely unrelated :-/

The ceph-fuse executable does create an admin command socket in
/var/run/ceph (named something ceph-client...) that you can drive with
"ceph daemon <socket> dump_cache", but the output is extremely verbose
and low level and may not be informative.

John

1. http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21423
2. http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/22269

> When the cache pressure problem happens, is there a way to know exactly
> which hosts are involved, and what items are in their caches easily?
>
> Andras
>

> On 01/17/2018 06:09 AM, John Spray wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:50 PM, Andras Pataki
>> <apat...@flatironinstitute.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Cephers,
>>>
>>> We've upgraded the back end of our cluster from Jewel (10.2.10) to
>>> Luminous
>>> (12.2.2).  The upgrade went smoothly for the most part, except we seem to