Max,

I understand your frustration.
However, last time I checked, ceph was open source.

Some of you might not remember, but one major reason why open source is
great is that YOU CAN DO your own modifications.

If you need a change like iSCSI support and it isn't there,
it is probably best, if you implement it.

Even if a lot of people are voluntarily contributing to open source
and even if there is a company behind ceph as a product, there
is no right for a feature.

Best,

Nico

p.s.: If your answer is "I don't have experience to implement it" then
my answer will be "hire somebody" and if your answer is "I don't have the
money", my answer is "You don't have the resource to have that feature".
(from: the book of reality)

--
Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch