On 01. mars 2018 13:04, Max Cuttins wrote:
I was testing IO and I created a bench pool.

But if I tried to delete I get:

    Error EPERM: pool deletion is disabled; you must first set the
    mon_allow_pool_delete config option to true before you can destroy a
    pool

So I run:

    ceph tell mon.\* injectargs '--mon-allow-pool-delete=true'
    mon.ceph-node1: injectargs:mon_allow_pool_delete = 'true' (not
    observed, change may require restart)
    mon.ceph-node2: injectargs:mon_allow_pool_delete = 'true' (not
    observed, change may require restart)
    mon.ceph-node3: injectargs:mon_allow_pool_delete = 'true' (not
    observed, change may require restart)

I restarted all the nodes.
But the flag has not been observed.

Is this the right way to remove a pool?

i think you need to set the option in the ceph.conf of the monitors.
and then restart the mon's one by one.

afaik that is by design.
https://blog.widodh.nl/2015/04/protecting-your-ceph-pools-against-removal-or-property-changes/

kind regards