There's been quite a few VMWare/Ceph threads on the mailing list in the
past.

One setup I've been toying with is a linux guest running on the vmware host
on local storage, with the guest mounting a ceph RBD with a filesystem on
it, then exporting that via NFS to the VMWare host as a datastore.

Exporting CephFS via NFS to Vmware is another option.

I'm not sure how well shared storage will work with either of these
configurations. but they work fairly well for single-host deployments.

There are also quite a few products that do support iscsi on ceph. Suse
Enterprise Storage is a commercial one, PetaSAN is an open-source option.