On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Ryan Leimenstoll
<rleim...@umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to move a bucket in radosgw from one user to another in an
> effort both change ownership and attribute the storage usage of the data to
> the receiving user’s quota.
>
> I have unlinked the bucket and linked it to the new user using:
>
> radosgw-admin bucket unlink —bucket=$MYBUCKET —uid=$USER
> radosgw-admin bucket link —bucket=$MYBUCKET —bucket-id=$BUCKET_ID
> —uid=$NEWUSER
>
> However, perhaps as expected, the owner of all the objects in the bucket
> remain as $USER. I don’t believe changing the owner is a supported operation
> from the S3 protocol, however it would be very helpful to have the ability to
> do this on the radosgw backend. This is especially useful for large
> buckets/datasets where copying the objects out and into radosgw could be time
> consuming.
>
>  Is this something that is currently possible within radosgw? We are running
> Ceph 12.2.2.

Maybe try to copy objects into themselves with the new owner (as long
as it can read it, if not then you first need to change the objects'
acls to allow read)? Note that you need to do a copy that would retain
the old meta attributes of the old object.

Yehuda