Le lundi 19 mars 2018 à 15:30 +0300, Sergey Malinin a écrit :
> Default for mds_log_events_per_segment is 1024, in my set up I ended
> up with 8192.
> I calculated that value like IOPS / log segments * 5 seconds (afaik
> MDS performs journal maintenance once in 5 seconds by default).

I tried 4096 from the initial 1024, then 8192 at the time of your
answer, then 16384, with not much improvements...

Then I tried to reduce the number of MDS, from 4 to 1, which definitely
works (sorry if my initial mail didn't make it very clear that I was
using many MDSs, even though it mentioned mds.2).
I now have low rate of metadata write (40-50kBps), and the inter-DC
link load reflects the size and direction of the actual data.

I'll now try to reduce mds_log_events_per_segment back to its original
value (1024), because performance is not optimal, and stutters a bit
too much.

Thanks for your advice!

--
Nicolas Huillard