Hi Josef,

1. You do need the Ganesha fsal driver to be present;  I don't know
your platform and os version, so I couldn't look up what packages you
might need to install (or if the platform package does not build the
RGW fsal)
2. The most common reason for ganesha.nfsd to fail to bind to a port
is that a Linux kernel nfsd is already running--can you make sure
that's not the case;  meanwhile you -do- need rpcbind to be running

Matt

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:03 AM, Josef Zelenka
<josef.zele...@cloudevelops.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, i'm currently trying to set up a NFS-ganesha instance that
> mounts a RGW storage, however i'm not succesful in this. I'm running Ceph
> Luminous 12.2.4 and ubuntu 16.04. I tried compiling ganesha from
> source(latest version), however i didn't manage to get the mount running
> with that, as ganesha refused to bind to the ipv6 interface - i assume this
> is a ganesha issue, but i didn't find any relevant info on what might cause
> this - my network setup should allow for that. Then i installed ganesha-2.6
> from the official repos, set up the config for RGW as per the official howto
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/nfs/, but i'm getting:
> Could not dlopen module:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ganesha/libfsalrgw.so
> Error:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ganesha/libfsalrgw.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> and lo and behold, the libfsalrgw.so isn't present in the folder. I
> installed the nfs-ganesha and nfs-ganesha-fsal packages. I tried googling
> around, but i didn't find any relevant info or walkthroughs for this setup,
> so i'm asking - was anyone succesful in setting this up? I can see that even
> the redhat solution is still in progress, so i'm not sure if this even
> works. Thanks for any help,
>
> Josef

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.