Hi Josef,

The main thing to make sure is that you have set up the host/vm
running nfs-ganesha exactly as if it were going to run radosgw.  For
example, you need an appropriate keyring and ceph config.  If radosgw
starts and services requests, nfs-ganesha should too.

With the debug settings you've described, you should be able to see a
bunch of output when you run ganesha.nfsd with -F.  You should see the
FSAL starting up with lots of debug output.

Matt

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 8:19 AM, Josef Zelenka
<josef.zele...@cloudevelops.com> wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the quick reply. As for 1. I mentioned that i'm running
> ubuntu 16.04, kernel 4.4.0-121 - as it seems the platform
> package(nfs-ganesha-ceph) does not include the rgw fsal.
>
> 2. Nfsd was running - after rebooting i managed to get ganesha to bind,
> rpcbind is running, though i still can't mount the rgw due to timeouts. I
> suspect my conf might be wrong, but i'm not sure how to make sure it is.
> I've set up my ganesha.conf with the FSAL and RGW block - do i need anything
> else?
>
> EXPORT
> {
>      Export_ID=1;
>      Path = "/";
>      Pseudo = "/";
>      Access_Type = RW;
>      SecType = "sys";
>      NFS_Protocols = 4;
>      Transport_Protocols = TCP;
>
>      # optional, permit unsquashed access by client "root" user
>      #Squash = No_Root_Squash;
>
>     FSAL {
>              Name = RGW;
>              User_Id = <user name for the rgw - associated with the access
> key/secret>;
>              Access_Key_Id = "<access key>";
>              Secret_Access_Key = "<secret>";
>      }
>
>     RGW {
>     cluster = "ceph";
>     name = "client.radosgw.radosgw-s2";
>         ceph_conf = "/etc/ceph/ceph.conf";
>         init_args = "-d --debug-rgw=16";
>     }
> }
> Josef
>

> On 30/05/18 13:18, Matt Benjamin wrote:
>>
>> Hi Josef,
>>
>> 1. You do need the Ganesha fsal driver to be present;  I don't know
>> your platform and os version, so I couldn't look up what packages you
>> might need to install (or if the platform package does not build the
>> RGW fsal)
>> 2. The most common reason for ganesha.nfsd to fail to bind to a port
>> is that a Linux kernel nfsd is already running--can you make sure
>> that's not the case;  meanwhile you -do- need rpcbind to be running
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:03 AM, Josef Zelenka
>> <josef.zele...@cloudevelops.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone, i'm currently trying to set up a NFS-ganesha instance that
>>> mounts a RGW storage, however i'm not succesful in this. I'm running Ceph
>>> Luminous 12.2.4 and ubuntu 16.04. I tried compiling ganesha from
>>> source(latest version), however i didn't manage to get the mount running
>>> with that, as ganesha refused to bind to the ipv6 interface - i assume
>>> this
>>> is a ganesha issue, but i didn't find any relevant info on what might
>>> cause
>>> this - my network setup should allow for that. Then i installed
>>> ganesha-2.6
>>> from the official repos, set up the config for RGW as per the official
>>> howto
>>> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/nfs/, but i'm getting:
>>> Could not dlopen module:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ganesha/libfsalrgw.so
>>> Error:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ganesha/libfsalrgw.so: cannot open shared
>>> object file: No such file or directory
>>> and lo and behold, the libfsalrgw.so isn't present in the folder. I
>>> installed the nfs-ganesha and nfs-ganesha-fsal packages. I tried googling
>>> around, but i didn't find any relevant info or walkthroughs for this
>>> setup,
>>> so i'm asking - was anyone succesful in setting this up? I can see that
>>> even
>>> the redhat solution is still in progress, so i'm not sure if this even
>>> works. Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>> Josef

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.