Hi all,

We have recently upgraded from Jewel (10.2.10) to Luminous (12.2.5) and after
this we decided to update our tunables configuration to the optimals, which
were previously at Firefly. During this process, we have noticed the OSDs
(bluestore) rapidly filling on the RGW index and GC pool. We estimated the
index to consume around 30G of space and the GC negligible, but they are now
filling all 4 OSDs per host which contain 2TB SSDs in each.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or how to determine why the sudden
growth has been encountered during recovery after the tunables update?

We have disabled resharding activity due to this issue,
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24551 and our gc queue is only a few items at
present.

Kind Regards,

Tom

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named
person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender
immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for
any purpose. We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to
ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you