On 19/07/18 07:59, Dietmar Rieder wrote:

We have P840ar controllers with battery backed cache in our OSD nodes
and configured an individual RAID-0 for each OSD (ceph luminous +
bluestore). We have not seen any problems with this setup so far and
performance is great at least for our workload.

I'm doing the same with LSI RAID controllers for the same reason, to take advantage of the battery backed cache. No problems with this here either. As Troy said, you do need to go through the additional step of creating a single disk RAID0 whenever you replace a disk that you wouldn't with regular HBA.

Simon