>Kernel 3.16 is not *the* LTS kernel but *an* LTS kernel. The current LTS
>kernel is 4.14

Thanks for clarifying that.  I guess I forgot how long I've been trying to
get Ceph to work.  When I started, 3.16 was the current LTS kernel!

Had I known that it's so stable that serious bugs are left in it, I would
not have given so much preference to using stable code.

I think I'll have a look at the Git history and see how practical it would
be for me to proactively backport all the bug fixes to my local kernel.

FUSE really isn't an option for me because Ceph is the root filesystem for
these clients.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California