Hi all,

One of my server crashed its root filesystem, ie. the currently open
shell just says "command not found" for any basic command (ls, df,
mount, dmesg, etc.)
ACPI soft power-off won't work because it needs scripts on /...

Before I reset the hardware, I'd like to cleanly stop the OSDs on this
server (with still work because they do not need /).
I was able to move the MGR out of that server with "ceph mgr fail
[hostname]".
Is it possible to tell the OSD on that host to stop, from another host?
I tried "ceph osd down [osdnumber]", but the OSD just got back "in"
immediately.

Ceph 12.2.7 on Debian

TIA,

--