On 2018/10/02 1:54 pm, Jason Dillaman wrote:
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 1:48 PM Andre Goree <an...@drenet.net> wrote:

I'm actually not so sure the libvirt user has write access to the
location -- will libvirt automatically try to write to the file (given
that it's a setting in ceph.conf)?

I just confirmed that the libvirt-qemu user could NOT write to the
location I have defined (/var/log/ceph_client.log).

After adjusting perms though, I still have nothing printed in the logs
except the creation.

Technically, libvirt will just use QEMU's monitor protocol to instruct
an already running QEMU instance to attach the device. Therefore, it
really comes down to the permissions of that QEMU process.

--
Jason

Very true, thanks for clarifying that. In any case, I changed the ceph client log location to a world readable/writeable location (/tmp/ceph_client.log) and still am not getting in the log regarding the attach, _only_ the creation.

Do I need to explicitly adjust the location of the qemu logs somehow? In fact, I didn't even think to add debugging to qemu nor libvirt, do you happen to know off-hand where to configure that? I'm sure I have logs in /var/log/libvirt/qemu/* already, let me see what I can come up with...

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net
Website   - http://blog.drenet.net