On 2018/10/02 1:29 pm, Jason Dillaman wrote:
On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 1:25 PM Andre Goree <an...@drenet.net> wrote:

Unfortunately, it would appear that I'm not getting anything in the logs
_but_ the creation of the rbd image -- i.e., nothing regarding the
attempt to attach it via libvirt.  Here are the logs, for the sake of
clarity: https://pastebin.com/usAUspCa

I think this might be a problem in libvirt and/or QEMU, in that
case...but then why am I only seeing this _after_ an upgrade past
12.2.4; that makes me think something changed between 12.2.4 & 12.2.5,
libvirt-related, that is causing this (I've not upgraded my libvirt
version in months).

AFAIK, you are the only person reporting a similar issue. Are you
confident that your libvirt / QEMU user has access to write to the
specified log location (both permissions and SElinux/AppArmor)?

OS: Ubuntu 16.04
Libvirt ver: libvirtd (libvirt) 1.3.1
Ceph ver:  12.2.8

--
Jason

I'm actually not so sure the libvirt user has write access to the location -- will libvirt automatically try to write to the file (given that it's a setting in ceph.conf)?

I just confirmed that the libvirt-qemu user could NOT write to the location I have defined (/var/log/ceph_client.log).

After adjusting perms though, I still have nothing printed in the logs except the creation.

FWIW, I'm creating the rbd image with 'qemu-img create -f rbd rbd:$image_name $storage_size' and I'm attaching the image with 'virsh attach-device $vm_name $xml --persistent'

--
Andre Goree
Email     - andre at drenet.net
Website   - http://blog.drenet.net