Am Mi., 7. Nov. 2018 um 16:40 Uhr schrieb Gregory Farnum <gfar...@redhat.com
>:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 5:58 AM Simon Ironside <sirons...@caffetine.org>
> wrote:

>> missed.
>> official
>> >
>> > This is because 12.2.9 have a several bugs. You should avoid to use
>> this
>> > release and wait for 12.2.10
>>
>> Argh! What's it doing in the repos then?? I've just upgraded to it!
>> What are the bugs? Is there a thread about them?
>

> If you’ve already upgraded and have no issues then you won’t have any
> trouble going forward — except perhaps on the next upgrade, if you do it
> while the cluster is unhealthy.
>
> I agree that it’s annoying when these issues make it out. We’ve had
> ongoing discussions to try and improve the release process so it’s less
> drawn-out and to prevent these upgrade issues from making it through
> testing, but nobody has resolved it yet. If anybody has experience working
> with deb repositories and handling releases, the Ceph upstream could use
> some help... ;)
> -Greg

We solve this problem by hosting two repos. One for staging and QA and one
for production.
Every release gets to staging (for example directly after building a scm
tag).

If QA passed, the stage repo is turned into the prod one.
Using symlinks, it would be possible to switch back if problems occure.
Example: https://incoming.debian.org/

Currently I would be unable to deploy new nodes if I use the official
mirrors as apt is unable to use older versions (which does work on yum/dnf).
Thats why we are implementing "mirror-sync" / rsync with a copy of the repo
and the desired packages until such solution is available.

Kevin