On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:57 AM Kevin Olbrich <k...@sv01.de> wrote:
> We solve this problem by hosting two repos. One for staging and QA and one
> for production.
> Every release gets to staging (for example directly after building a scm tag).
>
> If QA passed, the stage repo is turned into the prod one.
> Using symlinks, it would be possible to switch back if problems occure.
> Example: https://incoming.debian.org/

With the CentOS Storage SIG's cbs.centos.org , we have the ability to
tag builds as "-candidate", "-testing", and "-released". I think that
mechanism could help here, so brave users can run "testing" early
before it goes out to the entire world in "released".

We would have to build out something like that for Ubuntu, maybe
copying around the binaries.

- Ken