On 12/30/18 6:48 PM, Marc Roos wrote:
You mean the values in the reweight column or the weight column? Because
from the commands in this thread I am assuming the weight column. Does
this mean that the upmap is handling disk sizes automatically?

Reweight, not weight. Weight is a weight of bucket. Reweight is "I have unbalanced buckets, so I need local adjust".

Upmap is not about disk size, please consult with this PDF from Dan [1]

Currently
I am using the balancer (turned off) in crush-compat mode and have a few
8TB disks mixed with 4TB disks.
upmap balancing mode doesn't balances by size, is balanced by PG.

[1] https://www.slideshare.net/Inktank_Ceph/ceph-day-berlin-mastering-ceph-operations-upmap-and-the-mgr-balancer