From: Gesiel Galvão Bernardes [mailto:gesiel.bernar...@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 February 2019 12:59
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: [ceph-users] Online disk resize with Qemu/KVM and Ceph

Hi,

I'm making a environment for VMs with qemu/kvm and Ceph using RBD, and
I'm with the follow problem: The guest VM not recognizes disk resize
(increase). The cenario is:

Host:
Centos 7.6
Libvirt 4.5
Ceph 13.2.4

I follow the following steps to increase the disk (ex: disk 10Gb  to
20Gb):

# rbd resize --size 20480 mypool/vm_test # virsh blockresize --domain
vm_test --path vda --size 20G

But after this steps, the disk in VM continue with original size. For
apply the change, is necessary reboot VM.
If I use local datastore instead Ceph, the VM recognize new size
imediatally.

Does anyone have this?  Is this expected?