Guys,
We now have a total of 105 osd’s on 5 baremetal nodes each hosting 21 osd’s
on HDD which are 7Tb with journals on HDD too. Each journal is about 5GB.

We expanded our cluster last week and added 1 more node with 21 HDD and
journals on same disk.
Our client i/o is too heavy and we are not able to backfill even 1 thread
during peak hours - incase we backfill during peak hours osd's are crashing
causing undersized pg's and if we have another osd crash we wont be able to
use our cluster due to undersized and recovery pg's. During non-peak we can
just backfill 8-10 pgs.
Due to this our MAX AVAIL is draining out very fast.

We are thinking of adding 2 more baremetal nodes with 21 *7tb  osd’s on
 HDD and add 50GB SSD Journals for these.
We aim to backfill from the 105 osd’s a bit faster and expect writes of
backfillis coming to these osd’s faster.

Is this a good viable idea?
Thoughts please?

-Nikhil