From: ceph-users <ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com> On Behalf Of Stolte,
Felix
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:42 AM
To: ceph-users <ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>
Subject: [ceph-users] New best practices for osds???

Hi guys,

our ceph cluster is performing way less than it could, based on the disks we
are using. We could narrow it down to the storage controller (LSI SAS3008
HBA) in combination with an SAS expander. Yesterday we had a meeting with
our hardware reseller and sale representatives of the hardware manufacturer
to resolve the issue.

They told us, that "best practices" for ceph would be to deploy disks as
Raid 0 consisting of one disk using a raid controller with a big writeback
cache.

Since this "best practice" is new to me, I would like to hear your opinion
on this topic.

Regards Felix

---------
---------
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt, Prof. Dr.
Sebastian M. Schmidt