Hi Fred,

On Jan 6, 2014, at 15:22 , Fred Stratton <fredstrat...@imap.cc> wrote:

> The line rate is 11744/1022 kb/s, but changes moment to moment. SNR is 12.1
> decibel.  I am using 11000/950 kb/s as settings.

        So 100 * 11000 / 11744 = 93.66% of downlink line rate and 100* 950 /
1022 = 92.95 % of uplink line rate; quite impressive given the common wisdom of
85% :).

>  I shall try your suggestion when there is something worth watching live, to
> provide a valid comparison, which may not be before 21:30 CET on Sunday.

        Oh, take your time, this is really not essential, butit would be a nice
data point for figuring out how important the correct overhead estimate really
is in real life, theory being theory and all…

Best Regards
        Sebastian