On Thu, 25 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

on your host, server, or switch. (you have pfifo_fast on your host) Try fq_codel on host and server (and/or sch_fq) and see what happens. Disable tso/gro/gso on your server/host also. That leaves the switch which I have no insight into. What switch chip is it? (see /etc/config/network) - on the cerowrt project we got less buffering out of the switch by enabling jumbo frames.

So the complete physical setup is:

<macbook pro thunderbolt port>

This means there are multiple places buffering can occur, that doesn't have fq_codel.

I can't tell what switch chip is being used, it's not on http://techinfodepot.info/wiki/Linksys_WRT1200AC and I don't know where to look to find it. In /etc/config/network there is just br-lan and eth0 and eth1.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se